Sunday 13 May 2012

"What are the three most important issues that you've learned about during the course?"

The AIC was something I was glad to learn about.  Besides being extremely relevant right now, I believe it will dictate many major political decisions in the near future.  It's also a conflict so deeply rooted in the history of these nations, and it was interesting to learn about that and their changing allies over time.
During the ISUs, I was also glad to learn about the corruption in Russia.  I believe that corruption is inevitable in any political system, but the shocking statistics in Colin's presentation were a real eye opener about the affects it can actually have.
Lastly, I enjoyed time spent discussing the Invisible Children organisation.  Since our class watched their documentary shortly before the Kony 2012 campaign, it was interesting to see people's changing views on the subject.  Debates on the legitimacy of the campaign were also really interesting.

1 comment:

  1. You've chosen to highlight some really important issues. I also enjoyed learning and participating in the AIC. I thought I could waltz in there and change everything, but it was a good lesson to learn that that won't ever happen, unfortunately.
    I also enjoyed my class' discussions, they broadened my views and helped me see other sides or points that I didn't consider.

    ReplyDelete