Monday 21 May 2012

As you move into the next phase in your life, how will you try to affect change in the world regarding these issues?

As much as I would love to say I'm devoting my time to saving lives, changing the legal system or running the country, I'm going to be a film major, so that's not in my life path right now.  This doesn't mean there aren't many issues I'm passionate about.  I'm extremely passionate about habitat preservation, particularly in regards to marine environments, such as coral reefs.  I've also been sympathetic towards animals my whole life, and would like to do work to help with animal rights and fight against cruelty.  The advantage of pursuing film is that it is such an influential medium; I hope that I will be able to spread positive messages about individuals who really make a difference, encouraging others to try and do so.  Outside of influence, I hope to donate money to charity, and to live a  more 'green' lifestyle.  I think global warming is a great and immediate issue that we can easily fight against.  Small lifestyle changes can make a big difference, and I think that's where I'm going to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment