Wednesday 18 January 2012

Take Action! Decision making skills

Using the CARE Mode, the Take Action Ethics Tests, and your own judgment, consider how you would deal with the following scenarios. Share your reasoning and final decision. 1) Realistically, I would definitely turn down the offer, however might not prevent the individual in question from using. Ideally, one would caution them against marijuana and remind them of their sobriety. Of necessary, one could contact an adult authority figure. 2) I would never actually lie on a résumé. However, assuming I had, I would tell my employer. Continuing to lie will only cause stress to oneself (I.e. Being given jobs you're not prepared for), place strain on you and your friend's relationship, and bring down the integrity of the business. 3) Having been in this situation, I think it's important to be completely honest with your friend: of course you should tell someone what your friend is considering- its dangerous and a BAD IDEA. However, since you don't want to lose your friends trust, no matter what you said to them beforehand, make sure they know your thoughts on the situation and that you intend to tell somebody who can help them. 4) I would caution against trespassing, since it may take away the group's integrity. 5) I have no idea. As horrific as it may sound, part of me believes torture is worth it (the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few). However, I'm also aware that this is a violation of human rights and demonstrates great disrespect for the human body. It is also likely to anger other terrorist and even activist groups, eventually causing more harm than good. I don't know what I would do.

No comments:

Post a Comment